Hora Property Consultants was founded by Aidan Hora in 2009 in reaction to the opportunity created by the banking crisis to provide solutions to owners of development assets. Aidan is a former director of Finnegan Menton, one of Dublin’s oldest estate agents and property consultants. Aidan has over 10 years experience in the development business.
Our target is to evaluate development sites, decide on the correct product for each site, decide on a realistic timeframe for disposal of the completed product, and of the price required to achieve this. An appropriate finance package can then be put in place following this realistic assessment of the attributes of a particular development site.
We have a panel of experts who can offer an initial consultation to evaluate the asset with a view to managing the asset through the feasibility, design, construction and disposal phases.
We work closely with a team of highly qualified and experienced individuals from the fields of Finance, Construction, Design and Property Development to arrive at long term, sustainable and achievable solutions for individual projects.
Each property/development site is unique and will require a different solution in today’s economic environment. Planning permissions obtained in better market conditions may no longer be viable. Today we must seek to establish which type of development is saleable, what sales volumes are achievable on a sustainable basis and at what price. For example, a 500 unit site may now be a 10-20 year development venture rather than a 4-5 year project. Our team of experts will be in a position to quickly and cost effectively evaluate individual projects.
- Our New Homes/ Commercial Agency team will advise on the correct product and price for the future development achievable on a sustainable basis.
- Our architects and town planners will advise on the planning and design issues arising from this. Initial feasibility studies will be prepared on various design options.
- Our cost control and construction team will advise on cost control, value, engineering and procurement.
- Our property and financial team will prepare detailed cash flow projections based on the considered advice from our team of advisors in order to put the most appropriate loan repayment plan into operation.
- On receipt of the appropriate funding (private equity/ bank debt) the project will be brought to tender stage.
- Our new homes/ commercial agency teams will engage in a sales campaign for the completed development on a phased basis to align revenues with debt repayment schedules.
- Monthly updates will be provided to the borrowers lending institution by our sales team.
Our philosophy is to breakdown a project into its smallest parts.
Firstly, on the design stage we will endeavour to have the professional team carry as much cost as possible with slightly higher fees being paid when the project begins to generate cash flow.
On the physical start up phase we will look the appropriate medium and long term funding on all projects. This will involve non traditional methods of finance in many cases. We will also consider the roles of both Joint Venture agreements and small amounts of Private Equity/ Venture Capital to enable projects to commence.
Our extensive contacts within the investment community and contracting sector provide us with many options to enable a non performing asset to reach the point where it is a cash generating, performing project.
Where possible we will aim to match fees payable to the successful realisation of a defined goal.
Each assignment will be different and will require a bespoke package to suit the needs of the individual client and the attributes of the specific project.
In some cases, we will consider rolling up fees until the project is generating revenue. In other cases, an ongoing monthly retainer may be more appropriate. The intensity of involvement required by the client will determine which option is likely to work best.